September 09, 2013

Help! Strategies Clarified


I felt that I should further clarify and explain how students ask questions or receive help during independent time. Students will use the Help! Strategies as a checklist for getting help. They will first be problem solvers and try to find the answer independently by checking the board, looking at the examples or guided practice, and then asking a neighbor if the still need help. Students will then be able to write their name on a designated place on the board to let me know they need additional assistance. This is the best signal for me as it is nonverbal, I will be able to see which students need help and in which order, and I will also see students walk to the board which will be helpful as I walk around the classroom assisting students. I love the idea of having a symbolic object at their desk, however I feel as though they might be less noticeable and easier for students to misplace.

No comments:

Post a Comment